Delicious and Simple Kid Friendly Soups
It is pouring rain here, cold, foggy….the perfect weather for eating yummy, hot soup! My husband is a lover of all things soup so I’ve been adding some new recipes to my rotation and this winter I’ve declared most Saturdays as “Soup Saturdays”. It’s the perfect day for a low stress meal and soup tastes better the longer it simmers. So throw your ingredients together early in the day and let it go.
Here are my Top 5 Soups that my family has come to love and they are all EASY!
- Sherry Tomato Soup: Who doesn’t agree that just the thought of tomato soup and grilled cheese brings back memories of childhood? This one is super easy and so rich – not your typical tomato soup. Since I have kids who are not big fans of chunky tomatoes I use my immersion blender just before serving to whip it into a smooth texture. Find the recipe here.
- Cheeseburger Soup: This soup is a little more work but makes a TON of soup – leaving you with plenty of leftovers for lunches during the week. I serve this with a simple salad and biscuits! Find the recipe here.
- Pasta Fagioli: This is a perfect copycat of the always delicious Olive Garden soup. It’s loaded with beans, noodles, veggies and super filling. I substitute ground beef for the sausage since some of my family members are not fans of sausage. This produces a milder flavor but still VERY good and a nice option for kids with sensitive tastebuds. Find the recipe here.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup: This soup is a super simple crockpot winner! It’s kind of a “dump and go” recipe that can be whipped up in minutes and left to cook all day. Keep these ingredients on hand and you will always have a yummy supper at your fingertips. I throw frozen chicken tenderloins in to make it even easier. Find the recipe here.
- Cauliflower Chowder: This recipe was a surprising winner. Even my 8 year old daughter loved it and commented on how much the cauliflower tasted like potatoes. It is delicious and packed FULL of veggies. Be sure to follow the serving suggestion and top off your bowl with some shredded cheese and crumbled bacon – delish! Find the recipe here.
So there you have it. A simple list of family friendly soups that will get you through a month of Soup Saturdays!