Best FREE Summer Reading Rewards Programs for Kids
We LOVE free reading rewards programs for kids in our family. It’s such a great way to encourage our kids to keep on reading over the summer and have FUN while doing it. (I have to admit, I wish there were some great reading rewards programs for Moms. I’d be all over that!)
Here’s a roundup of 10 of the best summer reading programs that offer rewards such as a free books, gift cards and more. Let me know if you find any others.
Note: Be sure to pin this page or bookmark it so you can come back to it later!
Reading Rewards Programs:
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Club: Kids in grades 1-6 can receive a free book from Barnes & Noble by reading books over the summer and filling out this Summer Reading Journal. Simply bring the completed journal to a B&N location between May 15 and September 3, 2018 to choose a free book.
- TD Bank Summer Reading Program: Kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade can get $10 added to their new or existing TD Bank Young Savers Account when they read 10 books this summer and turn in their reading log at their local TD Bank.
- Pottery Barn Kids Story Time: Pottery Barn Kids holds story time every Tuesday at 11a. (Check your local store to confirm the time and date). Become a Pottery Barn Kids Book Club member and you’ll receive a special gift after attending 5 times.
- Junie B. Kids’ Reading Club: Enroll your child in the Junie B. Kids’ Reading Club. You can also print a free activity brochure and membership reading log.
- PBS Kids/Harper Collins I Can Readathon: PBS Kids and Harper Collins Children’s Books are partnering to get kids reading and learning this summer. Get everything you need to host your own summer reading party by downloading the I Can Readathon event kit, which includes activities, pledge badges, reading logs and more.
- Chuck E. Cheese’s Rewards Calendar: Chuck E. Cheese offers a Reading Rewards calendar for kids. Kids who read every day for two weeks will earn 10 FREE tokens the next time they are at Chuck E. Cheese.
- Pizza Hut Book It! Program: Get free reading adventure packs to download, read and do activities, recipes for children that tie back to certain books and more. Note: The pizza reward is offered only through the school the student attends.
- H-E-Buddy: (Open to TX residents only) Earn a FREE t-shirt for reading 10 books over the summer and mailing in your form by October 1, 2018.
- Your local library: Be sure to find out if your local library is offering any reading rewards programs throughout the summer. We love taking advantage of the rewards program and free events at our library all summer long!
Don’t miss my HUGE list of FREE activities for kids this summer.
Know of another fun rewards program for reading? Leave a comment!