Walgreens loyalty program is called Register Rewards (RR). It is very similar to the CVS ExtraCare program in that the RRs are coupons that print out at the end of your cash register receipt and can be used on your next transaction. The major difference between the two is that you do not need a store card in order to earn RRs.
As of 9/16/12, Walgreens has a new rewards program called Balance Rewards! Balance Rewards Members will earn points with the purchase of specified products and/or services during specified promotions periods. Points will be awarded to the Member’s account 3-5 days after purchase.
KALEY’s TOP 5 BIG TIPS for Walgreens
- Keep your RRs in a safe place and don’t forget to bring them to the store! (Consider that coupon organizer I suggested for CVS!)
- You don’t need a store card for Walgreens, so there is no limit to the number of RR deals that you can do. You may be limited to only one per transaction, so just separate them into multiple transactions.
- Walgreens will often not let you roll over the RRs multiple times on the same deal. If you are purchasing more than one RR deal, you may need to alternate them.
- Unlike CVS, you cannot use RRs and a coupon on the same item. You may need to add a small item (i.e. a pack of gum) to your purchase in order to have the same amount of items as coupons.
- You can, however, use a store coupon (from the weekly flyer) and a manufacturer’s coupon on the same item.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. See my Disclosure Policy.