Are you ready to wrap? OK then–here we go!
One of the goals of the Merry Little Christmas Project is to get organized before the calendar turns to December. But how can not-yet-purchased gifts be wrapped? Aha! The secret behind pre-wrapped gift Idea #1 is: a cereal box! And if you can wrap a present, you can wrap a cereal box.
Too, too fun wrapping idea #1 supply list:
one cereal box
Christmas wrapping paper
construction paper or scrapbooking paper for mittens
1) Cut the top flaps off the top of the empty cereal box.
2) Insert a book or two inside the box to make it firm so that it will be easier to wrap tightly.
3) Wrap the box just like you would a gift. I buy my wrapping paper only at the dollar store, and I happened to have this snowflake paper in my stash.
4) At the top of the box where you have removed the flaps, fold the excess paper down the inside of the box and adhere with tape.
And now the fun begins!
5) Cut the mittens in an appropriate color using the Too Fun Mitten Pattern.
6) Tie a length of twine around the box and hang the two mittens. I had some little clothespins that I had found at Michaels for almost nothing, but tape or paperclips would also work.
7) Remove the books from the box, then insert a sheet of tissue paper.
And there you have it–just waiting for a gift for your loved one.
Too, too fun!
For those of you who haven’t met her, the Dollar Store Diva happens to be my Mom who has a special power. She can transform Dollar Store and other inexpensive finds into super fun gifts that would brighten anyone’s day!