Looking for FREE activities for kids this summer? How about taking advantage of a FREE Kids Craft Class near you? Many stores have great craft projects for kids all summer long. I’ve gathered a list of the best free classes and workshops for children I’ve found at stores nationwide. I’ll be sure to update it as I find more!
Free Kids Craft Classes:
- Home Depot Free Kid’s Workshops: Workshops are designed for children ages 5-12 and are offered on the first Saturday of the month between 9 a.m. and noon at all Home Depot stores. All kids get to keep their craft and receive a FREE Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement. Click here to register.
- Michaels Kids’ Craft Workshops: Kids ages 3 and up can participate in craft classes this summer. The cost is around $2 per class. Click here to see schedules by store.
- Lakeshore Learning Center Classes for Kids: Kids ages 3 and up can stop by every Saturday between 11 am and 3 pm for their FREE Crafts for Kids event – no reservations necessary. Click here for the upcoming schedule.
- LEGO Stores Mini Build: The first Tuesday of every month, LEGO stores invite children ages 6 to 14 to learn how to build a special LEGO model – then take that model home, for FREE. I recommend checking with your local store to verify date and time. Registration for each build opens on the 15th of the previous month.
- Your local library: Be sure to check out the schedule of events at your local library this summer. We love our library’s free classes, reading rewards program and more each summer!
If you have LEGO lovers at home, I also recommend checking out Pley.com, which offers LEGO sets that you can rent. Talk about a great boredom buster! (Click here to read my friend Heidi’s review of the site.)
Don’t miss my HUGE list of FREE activities for kids this summer and get a FREE printable summer planner: