FREE Summer Activities for Kids
Looking for FREE things to do with your kids this summer? Here are 10 activities that you may not know about – from bowling to skating to museums, camps and more! Find out what is available in your area and add it to your summer FUN calendar!
- Kids Bowl Free Program: Kids can bowl free this summer by participating in the “Kids Bowl Free” program. Children can bowl two free games per day by signing up and receiving coupons weekly via email. Go here to find a participating location near you.
- Summer Games Bowling AMF: Bowl 3 games every day at AMF Parkway Lanes, all season long, for one low price. Pays for itself in two visits. Shoes included! Register yourself and your children here beginning May 21.
- Kids Skate Free Program: Select Skating centers are offering 2 FREE Roller Skating Passes per week all summer long! See participating locations here.
- Target Arts + Culture: Target sponsors free or reduced-price admission to arts and cultural events in participating cities nationwide. Find out if there is anything going on in your area.
- Apple Summer Camps:Kids ages 8 to 12 can expand their digital creativity through hands-on projects with experts at Apple. Campers choose one of three tracks, then spend 90 minutes a day for three days at a local Apple Store immersed in the subject of their choice. Click here for further details.
- BoA Free Museums: If you have a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch active Credit or Debit card, you can get one free admission to over 150 participating museums, science centers, botanical gardens and more the first full weekend of every month just by presenting your card and photo ID.
- Blue Star Museums: If you are a military family, check out Blue Star Museums where more than 2,000 museums are offering free entrance to active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Local Carousels: I happen to be from the Carousel Capital of the world, so I had to add this to the list. This extensive Database of Operating Carousels may help you find a few to visit this summer. Check your local websites to find out if there is a cost involved with riding carousels near you.
And don’t forget about your local library!
- Your local library: Be sure to check in with your local library to find out if they are offering free children’s activities throughout the summer. Our library offers reading rewards programs, free activities, movies on the lawn and more and is one of our favorite places to be over the summer!
Don’t miss my HUGE list of FREE activities for kids this summer.