One year I received a jar of this granola as a Christmas gift from one of my preschool students. So thankful the mom attached the recipe because it’s delicious. This is a super quick, throw together type of granola – just dump and bake! I love those types of recipes.
Here are your ingredients: oats, almonds, quinoa, wheat germ (or I used flax), pecans, mini chocolate chips, honey, oil (I used coconut), vanilla & cinnamon.
Mix oil, honey and vanilla with a fork. You can use vegetable or canola oil but if you are using coconut like I did then you’ll have to heat it a little bit until it melts and becomes liquid, then mix in with the honey and vanilla.
In a separate large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) then add your honey mixture. Mix well to coat and pour all of it onto a lightly greased baking pan.
Bake that goodness for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes.
Cool, mix in the chocolate chips and eat!
I love this granola sprinkled over greek yogurt and fruit – the perfect snack!
- 2 heaping cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup almonds, slivered, sliced or coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or flax
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 heaping cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil (vegetable, canola or coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees & lightly grease a large baking sheet
- Mix oil, honey & vanilla with a fork
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients
- Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix well
- Put mixture on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes
- Let cool, add chocolate chips and ENJOY!