I love Christmas.
It really is the most wonderful time of the year. (Can I get an amen?)
And it really, really is the most stressful.
In my angst over “How can I find time to accomplish all those extra To Do’s on my list and still relax enough to truly savor the season?”, I’ve discovered a simple solution which has worked wonders for me.
I call it 20 Minute Missions.
Throughout the entire month of November, I like to take 20 minutes each day to accomplish one small task that will make my December that much simpler. My goal is to do as much prep as possible before the Advent season begins so I can partake in the wonder of it all just like my children.
If you’d like to join me in those missions, I’ll be sharing them in our Christmas-loving community on Facebook known as The Merry Little Christmas Project. Head over and click ‘Like’ if you’d like some extra inspiration and accountability this holiday season.
Want some ideas to get started on your own 20 Minutes Missions? Here are 20 things you can do in about 20 minutes each to prep for the holidays.
1. Bake a batch of cookies for the freezer. (It can be done in 20 minutes. I’ve done it!)
2. Determine your Christmas Budget.
3. Buy a gift online.
4. Buy stamps.
5. Design your Christmas Card.
6. Start your Christmas gift list (Amazon Wish List makes this easy.)
7. Check your pantry. Make a list of baking supplies you’ll need.
8. Decide where you’d like to do your charitable giving this year.
9. Wrap a gift.
10. Put un-used toys in a donation bin (or throw away if need be!)
11. Search for simple homemade gifts on Pinterest and pin them.
12. Make a list of supplies needed for any DIY gifts or gift wrap. (You can see some of my simple DIY projects here.)
13. Organize pictures for photo gifts. Put them all in one file on your computer.
14. Make a list of gift ideas for family, neighbors, or teachers.
16. Make a list of cookies or you’d like to make this year.
17. Check your wrapping supplies. Make a list of what you will need.
18. Organize your wrapping supplies. (You can see my Christmas wrapping station here.)
19. Make a Christmas Bucket List.
20. Make a list of thing you are NOT going to do this year. (See my post for inspiration.)
21. Ok – I lied. I thought of another one. Sign up for my Christmas Deals Newsletter. (This one only takes a few seconds, so that gives you 19 1/2 more minutes to accomplish something else!)
I’d love to hear your ideas as well! Leave them in the comments if you think of anything more.
You might also like: