Memorial Day has passed and thoughts of sipping iced coffee in my backyard while the kids romp around have been lurking in my mind. I decided today was the perfect morning to get back to my favorite (and MOST easy) iced coffee recipe.
Here are the ingredients – are you ready?
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
Really. That’s it.
This recipe takes all the guess work out of the process and makes it a cinch to whip up!
- Start by brewing 8 cups of strong, hot coffee
- Pour 1/2 of a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk into the bottom of a glass container
- Add your hot coffee and stir or shake to mix
- Allow to cool on the counter until mixture reaches room temperature (stirring or shaking several times as the milk will sink to the bottom)
- Store in your refrigerator for up to 1 week
- Pour over ice, add a fun straw, sit back and AHHHHH!!! (These glasses would be an adorable way to serve it!)
This recipe is so easy to adjust for individual preferences – just increase or decrease the sweetened condensed milk to coffee ratio depending on your taste!
Now invite some friends over, pour your iced coffee, chat and let the kids ROMP!
Why is important for the container to be glass?
Hi Chris! As a general rule I don’t ever pour hot liquids into plastic containers because of the risk of chemicals leaching into the liquid. If you’d like to store in a plastic container, my suggestion would be to wait until the mixture cools then transfer it . Thanks for asking!
That makes sense! I’m not sure I have a 2.5 quart glass container for liquids, which is why I asked. Maybe I’ll mix it all in a mixing bowl and then transfer it to smaller containers for storage.
How much coffee should I put in???
Hi, Makenna! This recipe makes 8 cups of coffee. You can store it in a pitcher to pour as needed. Hope that helps!