How Does the Walgreens Loyalty Program Work?
Walgreens loyalty program is two-fold:
Register Rewards (RR): Register Rewards is very similar to the CVS ExtraCare program in that the RR’s are coupons that print out at the end of your cash register receipt and can be used on your next transaction. The major difference between the two is that you do not need a store card in order to earn RR’s.
Balance Rewards: As of 9/16/12, Walgreens has a new rewards program called Balance Rewards! Balance Rewards Members will earn points with the purchase of specified products and/or services during specified promotions periods. Points will be awarded to the Member’s account 3-5 days after purchase.
Here is a summary of how the points system works:
Kaley’s TOP 5 BIG TIPS for Walgreens:
- Sign up for the Walgreens Balance Rewards program online or in-store.
- You don’t need a store card for RR deals, so there is no limit to the number of RR deals that you can do. You may be limited to only one per transaction, so you will need to separate them into multiple transactions in order to earn RR’s for each purchase.
- Walgreens will typically not allow you to roll over the RR’s multiple times on the same deal. If you are purchasing more than one RR deal and you’d like to use RR’s from a previous transaction, you may need to alternate your purchases in order for this to work.
- Unlike CVS, you cannot use RR’s and a coupon on the same item. You may need to add a small item (i.e. a pack of gum) to your purchase in order to have the same amount of items as coupons.You can, however, use a store coupon (from the weekly flyer) and a manufacturer’s coupon on the same item.
- Use my handy Walgreens Custom Shopping List to plan your shopping trip (now located on the Favado app).
More helpful posts: