Couponing for Community is back!!
What started out as a crazy idea of mine a couple of years ago has now turned into one of my favorite events of the year. And this year is going to be even BIGGER than ever.
So what is Couponing for Community anyway?
Couponing for Community is an effort by couponers all over America to use the power of couponing to make a united impact. We invite you to join this community of couponers by using your couponing skills to give to a homeless shelter, food pantry, or a friend in need during the week of May 6-12, 2012! May 12 is also National Stamp Out Hunger day, so giving is as easy as leaving a bag of non-perishable items by your mailbox.
What is this year’s goal?
- In 2010, I was thrilled when well over 3,000 items were donated by couponers nation-wide in one week’s time.
- In 2011, I was blown away when 127 bloggers promoted the cause and 26,639 items were donated during our Couponing for Community event.
So this year we are setting our goal even BIGGER then ever:
In 2012, our goal is to join together to give 30,000 items in one week’s time. Yep. We’re going BIG.
We simply invite you to track your giving during the week of May 6-12 and then share your story and pictures on our Facebook page. We’ll even have a giving tracker to tally up everyone’s efforts!!
What can you do now?
- First, head on over and Like Couponing for Community on Facebook! That will help keep you up to date on the details of the upcoming event and give you a place to connect with all of the other participating!
- Second, as you shop over the next few weeks, begin to set aside items that you can donate during the week of May 6-12. Note: Since we want to keep a tally of items given that week, make sure to keep track of the number of items that you give away. You can even take a picture to upload on the Facebook page.
- If you have a blog and would like to participate, simply write up a post about Couponing for Community and then submit the direct link to your post on the ‘Join Us’ tab.
- Maybe you’d even like to hold a local donation drive? Feel free to contact me if you’d like some tips on how to get started.
And, of course, stay tuned for all the latest details right here on Cha-Ching on a Shoestring!
I promise you. You are NOT going to want to miss this event. It’s a chance to flex our couponing muscles for GOOD like never before!