Easy Triple Layer Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie Bars
I’m happy to be sharing another post from my friend Elizabeth. She is a truly gifted hostess and is sharing one of her secrets to keeping things simple when it comes to dessert. I can’t wait to give these a try!
When Kaley asked if I had any simple dessert recipes to share, I immediately thought of these deliciously easy Triple Layer Cookie Bars that I have made over and over through the years. My friend passed on the recipe after she brought them to a camping trip years ago and we all loved them! They have come in handy so many times when I need a quick dessert or snack.
I love that, with only six ingredients, these cookie bars are so easy that I can even ask one of my older kids to make them for me.
My little kids love to help with this recipe too. The first layer is crushed graham crackers. I put the graham crackers in a ziploc bag and then the kids love to use a rolling pin to smash them into crumbs.
I always buy the ingredients at ALDI, which also makes this a dessert on the cheap. At only $0.15 per serving, I can afford to whip these up any time!
This recipe makes about 3 dozen bars. Enjoy!
- 1 stick of butter ($0.63)
- 1 sleeve of Graham Crackers ($0.43), smashed into crumbs (see above for method I use)
- 7 oz flaked coconut ($0.65)
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk ($1.39)
- 11 oz bag of milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips ($1.79)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter ($0.37)
- (Total Cost $5.26 or $0.15 per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350. Place stick of butter in a 9 x 13 pan and place in the oven to melt. When the butter is melted, stir in the crushed graham crackers. Pat down with a spoon or your hands to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly on top of graham crackers. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the coconut in an even layer. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, stir chocolate chips and peanut butter in a saucepan to melt.
- Remove bars from oven and pour melted chocolate mixture evenly over the top while the bars are still warm.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator. Cut into bars and serve.